Saturday, January 19, 2013

Friday in Kauai

 Sadly this was our last full day 0n Kauai. 
We'd heard from the surfer in Oahu that really big surf was expected today.

So first the cell tower work 
Then the BIG SURF.
It is REAL & it is BIG

 Fake tree (cell tower)

 Real tree

Real palm frond

Fake palm frond
you have to watch yourself at these tree like cell sites.
imagine getting hit by one of these!

So what do they put in their green garbage can?
We put old apples, and branches from the fir trees
They put palm fronds.


Okay all done with site #1 in someones yard
On to site #2. We had monsoon type rain getting here
It's letting up some now, it comes and goes very fast.

We had a note to call the property owner so we parked
here to make our call.
The trees are loaded with coconut
I was amazed with it.





Look at this a mango farm?  I could be wrong
laureen can correct me if these are papaya. 



We had to hike into this site.
The road was very hidden
and there was no way you could
drive up it...Why?

Coconuts!


Just getting out of my car door was tricky

It was a beautiful little hike
you could see the tropical farm below
I hiked it twice. We didn't have time to
get breakfast (hotel breakfasts are $20 each!)
and Phil did not have the correct
combination for the building lock.
I hiked back to the car for some
food!

These are my photo from my walk



I love the red paths



On the way up we had spotted a juice stand
I had vivid memories of Laureen's stories
of Juice in the jungle of Zanzibar
and I had to stop!
WOW
Totally yummy


 We both had fruit smoothies
and I got an avocado salad &
a cut fruit plate.
 Did I say we didn't
have breakfast?

OK off to cell site #3
We have a big evening planned
Our first luau we have to get our work
Done
go see the Big Surf
and get back in time for our luau.



 up and down and around and around
we drove through some cute little towns
but no time to stop.


 This cell site is in an interesting place
no one to bother it seems

This is a beautiful very old Japanese cemetery
not much left to read on the stones,
but the dates I saw were very old.


The cell site is in the corner it blends in with the tree


 see it now?


isn't it lovely up here? I'm showing you all
4 sides of the site

maybe if you click on this and it is enlarged you
can see these endangered geese.  If not wait
I had a close encounter with a pair of them.


Oh that's the work day.
In part two
Well look at the big surf!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day eight SEATTLE

SEATTLE Day Eight Looks like we came home to the smoke! My lungs were doing really good with the week away. My friends Carole,...