Sunday, May 31, 2009

family adventure with little people




I'm visiting youngest daughter. She has two little people in her house and I had forgotten how tired you get with the schedule you must keep for little people. I will need some R & R when I get home. The schedule I'm talking about starts a bit before 6 am and is non stop all day. So here are some photos for you to enjoy. I've had such a fun time here. It's only 3 hours away but I don't see them near enough!




I came by train, my first U.S trip by train. Not only was it well priced but they were very nice and it was only $5. for me to take a big wooden garden box on the train! That was after I had already put 3 large bags into check in for free!
I sat down in a cozy seat, started knitting and before I knew it I was there.
Let me say "Take the Train!"



The family waiting by the tracks and watching the metal recycling plant crushing big trucks.

Click to enlarge and see that great pile of metal junk


Wow

we got all the bags and surprise garden box all in the car

and it's time to take Grammie to the house. The trip wasn't without event

A large truck carrying what appeared to be a large plane body tried to make his way through town, not easy to do and we watched




Papa had made a gardening box for the family and after naps we put it together.

Nothings more fun for little people than tools. Big people love tools too!





The next day we made our soil.

It has been into the high 80's since I got here so work is really hard in this kind of heat

So is play as we found out a day later

She looks trapped doesn't she.

This is a neighborhood wood hunt we went on.

Found tons of bits of wood all over. Still lots of building going on here.



Natalie and I practiced our "Raspberries"



The next morning while it was only warm we went to the park right by the river




We tested the slides

>

We tested the river water




We laughed



Picked the wild flowers, and met a Fairy furniture maker


Logan took mom on a wild slide ride!

Then mom took Natalie on a wild little slide ride

We steered the boat one way

We steered the boat another way

And another way!



As the heat grew we kicked around the cotton wood fluff, sneezing....

more and more Cotton Wood

We traveled the hot, very hot river trail looking for rocks to toss in the water

Looking up and down the river full of fly fishermen



The pure joy in finding the rocks and the river



Sitting on the fallen log as promised



We hiked back in the heat and sought comfort under the cotton woods

Hope that Claritin holds on.

We even poised for the camera propped on the picnic table

More adventures with the little people tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day eight SEATTLE

SEATTLE Day Eight Looks like we came home to the smoke! My lungs were doing really good with the week away. My friends Carole,...