Thursday, September 24, 2009

Catching up on Fair


Young Pygmy goats


The Evergreen State Fair ended on Sept 7th and I gave everything back on the 8th and 9th. When I got home I had a full pear tree of canning to do, a lot of pickles to make and rhubarb to can. Happy to say they are all finished and looking pretty in my shelves. Now I can add my fun fair photos. These are for my friend in Canada, who was a sheep rancher before they retired. She will enjoy seeing these 4-H sheep barns. Maybe you will too!


It was hot during fair and I know what heat does to sheep's wool so I question all these coats!

For my spinning friends I'm not telling you any breeds you have to figure them out

Hows' this for confirmation stanch?





Ooh these ladies are nice and cool!



it's either lunch time or they are giving me and my photo taking a message!





These are nice big barns.





I took my photos on a trip back to see bleach boy he was the livestock manager!


The baby goats are picking up moms spilled lunch



















OK off to the cow milking contest.....now these are fast paced and fun!




The contests are all held in the arena in the middle of the animal barns

when I can't find bleach boy I look here.

He has set up and take down issues with each contest.



Warm up the cow, milk the cow fast fast fast







switch cows and do it again

You are looking at the winner of the milking contest!


The milk is then added to the first bucket and weighed for a winner!





I'm now leaving the arena (you are looking at it) and heading down the fairgrounds

to the quilt barn

1 comment:

  1. Catching up here, and I love all the sheep pictures, - good memories of happy years.
    Thanks for posting them! It looks like another successful Fair, and a lot of fun with all the supers....

    Smiles
    Hildred

    ReplyDelete

Day eight SEATTLE

SEATTLE Day Eight Looks like we came home to the smoke! My lungs were doing really good with the week away. My friends Carole,...