Wednesday, August 26, 2009

At exactly 10am Tomorrow I open my doors and....


Yes Tomorrow is opening day at the 101st Evergreen State Fair!
At the moment 10 am hits I open the front doors to our open class building.
Here is my portion of the building in photos. You get an early peek.
Also in building is the lace, knit, crochet, needle arts, floral, bee's, photography, hand spinning, baking, canning, homemade brews, educational displays, the historical booth and the local granges put out a beautiful display of the produce grown in our area.


Here we are in my dept. Sewing and Quilting


Looking in the front door down the west bay of building 500


This is the glass room, usually it holds a wedding dress or two but not this year







This on the right just as you walk in





We hang the quilts down both sides of the center

one facing front, one facing back they go all the way down the hall


That's my table where I sit with my own little fan

I don't get to sit too often but there is a lot of paper work before people get paid. I am right next to the glass room





This glass case is next to my office and that display on the right as you come in the door



The two tables there hold lots of demonstrators

I run three groups a day for four hours each

This display is next to the demo table

This glass case holds all my small entries, little things to be carefully displayed






We hang quilts in every nook and cranny

This center three tables hold quilts this year, we guard them with a stapled sheet of plastic



I have three big bins to display the clothing in

On each item is a colored card. The violets, greens and blue are children, White is adult, pink is expert, gray is challenged, cream is over 70. The kids do a lot of the garment sewing.








This is on the wall of that first display area at the door

My office the hot spot for sewing machine storage




























Haven't taken photos from the other end of the hall got called away to another Department and never got back for the rest of my photos so latter...................

I'll have a purple cow for you, eat an elephant ear, and drink lots of lemonade!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, - the quilts are gorgeous and I am awed by all that fine sewing.

    What a lot of work, but you have done a tremendous job and it all looks so snazzy.
    Hope you have a wonderful fair and enjoy every minute of it, including the elephant ear and the purple cow.

    Big smiles at what a great job you have done.

    ReplyDelete

Day eight SEATTLE

SEATTLE Day Eight Looks like we came home to the smoke! My lungs were doing really good with the week away. My friends Carole,...