Monday, January 21, 2013

Our trip of Oahu and Kauai

I'm hoping the photos will tell most the story..

North shore Oahu
Click to enlarge photos they are amazing 

 It was an amazing trip with so much we didn't have time to do..

Hope you enjoy this slice of paradise, we sure did. 
 I can't share the heavenly smell of sea air and flowers and volcanic dirt
 but I can show you the colors and beauty of this Island masterpiece God made!

Because this was a working trip we were on a heavily loaded deadline.
Some photos come from the car...the only choice I had I spent most of Oahu in the car.  
The one day I pushed for photo stops we didn't finish our work for the day.
Oops!  

 This is the view out our deck at Waikiki
I don't have much good to say about this hotel, so moving on.

Here is what we saw the most of in Waikiki


Yes traffic, always lots of traffic. It takes so long
to get anything done in this area.

The photo at the top of this post is on the North shore of Oahu
The first cell site was in a building next to this beach
I walked it while the men were doing a job walk through to
review work done.  I think I had the better job. 



So many interesting plants everywhere.
What does this look like to you?  Fun branch.




Rain comes on hard and suddenly in the tropics.
I headed for the car as it began to down pour.
warm big drops.  It comes and goes quickly and 
smells interesting. 

 Picking up the key for the work crew boss

 So many colors so many flowers

We drove by Dole and I caught pineapple fields 
and banana plantations through the car window. 

bananas

Dole

 yes pineapples


miles and miles of pineapple and ocean



You can't drive a road and not see this out your window!
 
All my photos are untouched. No filters...
Just camera and lens...I do have some nice
lens but this is the colors as they were!  I haven't had
time to open the Raw photos so just j-pegs.






This is our 1st working day in Oahu and what luck it was
to go by the Temple I longed to see as a child! 
My heart was lifted to see it. 
 There were few temples in the 50's and 
this was the one that looked so interesting to me when I was little.
It is every bit as wonderful as I had hoped it would be.

We took in a 5 minute video at the visitors center
about how the temple BYU and the cultural center came to be.
 Ask me about it sometime.
The sister missionaries were all in long Hawaiian patterned dresses.

A man sitting at the door to the temple told us an amazing story
of how he found his family after a hurricane. 
 He was in Oahu working and his family was in Tahiti. 
 I'd be happy to share this interesting story with you also. 









 Eating was delightful in the Islands.
If you find a stand or a truck or a trailer with a sign
Don't be afraid to eat there.  
Even taco places are open air eating
It was like my dreams 
I never dream anything in a building I am always outside! 
always!

On our way home we ate at a shrimp truck.
Got a giant plate of Shrimp Scampi...Oh my!
I licked even my fingers!
I topped it off with a tropical fruit smoothy
All the while the ocean was making music behind us. 

This was day one! Just wait for day 2!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Day eight SEATTLE

SEATTLE Day Eight Looks like we came home to the smoke! My lungs were doing really good with the week away. My friends Carole,...