Saturday, August 8, 2009

Rainbow fairy has a home!

The yellow spots are from an egg we did some polish painting on and one year it bursts all over the place!

I owed my sister a fairy top.
She was our first purchase many months ago. I let her have her pick of all the new ones and Auntie Georgia still choose the original one she saw when we first started these. Who would know I was in the mood for a rainbow when I painted her fairy.

It felt wonderful to be painting again.

My old worn brushes felt like dear old friends in my hands. Not the same hands as when I first bought some of these in college. I remember switching to night classes so I could think and finding that art just flows from my hands at night. I should try that again. I don't know if the paintings on the walls of my house were more fun or if these tiny fairies are the hardest, there by more fun. Something about capturing a face, a personality is ever so much more interesting.

I did a series of pencil drawings of women in all kinds of times and places and I love faces. Every now and again I ask myself "why am I not drawing?" Got too busy I guess. Sitting in the critical care unit hour after hour was made better by drawing fairy face after face on paper.

What are you forgetting to do that you love?

Maybe we should calendar it in so it's part of our schedule. I did that with the piano, I love to play and never gave myself any time. I have a beautiful studio grand and it should be played! Miss Lyndy are you giving yourself time to play? You are a very talented lady don't let it go......

So Monday I'll bundle up Rainbow Fairy and send her to her new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day eight SEATTLE

SEATTLE Day Eight Looks like we came home to the smoke! My lungs were doing really good with the week away. My friends Carole,...